Connecting you to music.
Three days of blues workshops on Wednesday 26th and Thursday 27th with four great songwriter performers, leading up to the public performance on Friday 28th July from 5pm to 7pm at Paramount Theatre.
If you would like to participate in this year’s “Winter Blues Songwriters Studio” please:
1. READ all the information below
2. COMPLETE the Application Form in full, and
3. COMPLETE PAYMENT using the PAY NOW button at the bottom of Application Form.
There is a $92 participation fee.
Online Applications close Friday the 21st July at 5pm.
Changes of note for this year include:
1. New venue - Paramount Picture Theatre have kindly offered their venue for the workshops and the performance. Students will have the opportunity to perform on a large performance stage, which we believe will be spectacular.
2. Applications will be exclusively taken online this year, with the $92 fee payable on application via this form. This means we will not be doing “cash on the day” as per previous years. As usual places are limited so please get in early and book your place as soon as you can. Unfortunately, places cannot be confirmed until online payment has been received, and it’s first in gets the spot. Once we are full there will be a waitlist in case we have late cancellations.
3. One application will need to be completed for each participant. For insurance purposes we require authority from each child, as well as their parent or guardian. This means teachers cannot process applications of behalf of their co-hort. Unfortunately, no exceptions can be made to this.
4. Online applications will close COB on Friday 21st of July. We are trying to avoid taking any additional participants after this date, subject only to late cancellations.
5. APRA Support. This year APRA have kindly provided support for the event and so we want as many participants as possible to join APRA as writer members. It is FREE to join, you can join NOW. Learn about the benefits and sign up here. This isn’t mandatory, but it will open up a world of support services and opportunity to get paid for playing original music including…
6. Opportunity to play at the WBF Homegrown stage! This year for the first time, we are very excited to be offering four spots on the Festivals Homegrown stage on Saturday to participants of the Songwriters Studio. Spots are paid at $50 each “per act” (not per performer), and will be up to 20mins, and subject to availability commitment, and the student being able to bring their own equipment as needed.
Please also note participants are kindly requested to prepare for the event and bring:
- Original songs completed or partially written, poems, couplets, whatever you have (absolute priority will be given to these), and
- Song titles as ideas, or theme ideas for new original compositions; We’re going to try not to do any covers this year as per last year’s event so please be prepared to work on new original material!
- We kindly request the students to bring their own exercise books, AND copies of lyrics printed for their band mates.
- Students to please bring their own instruments, amplifiers, tuners, strings, strap, leads, picks, sticks, notebooks, lyrics, lyric stands, and chord charts!
The WBF Songwriters Studio is drug and alcohol free.
The Winter Blues Festival Songwriters Studio is supported by APRA AMCOS
“Winter Blues Songwriters Studio” contacts
Michael Pollitt or Kelly Auty m: 0415 869 658 | 0419 138 918
e. firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Thanks for your interest in the Winter Blues Festival.
We look forward to your involvement!